Saturday, August 22, 2009

Late at Night with Rain



Late at night, when I can't sleep, which is more often than not...I blog and check Facebook. NO one else on the planet is usually on FB at say "4:10 a.m."...but me... Funny how the world peacefully slumbers when you cannot. But peaceful is not a word that usually describes me at this time of morning; restless, anxious, reflective, hopeful and frustrated might be though. Tired? NO tired doesn't fit into that category....and so, I write...What else should one do?

Earlier it rained. I love the rain. It cleanses the earth. Washes away all that settles on its surface. Let's the day start afresh-anew. I stood out in the rain. The water felt refreshing and revitalizing...like teardrops after a long, hard cry. I stared out into the rain; beautiful rain. I felt it. It's emotion - clear and indifferent-unchanged. It's like the rain has a life-calm, tranquil, restless, strong, contradictory. I experience unexplainable emotions. I cry. I smile. I stomp my feet and fling my arms out. But strangely, I am calmed, soothed even. Rain. Confusing, irresistible rain. My Rain. My Life. My Metaphor. My Truth..

No comments:

Post a Comment