Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thoughts of You


I sit alone in the quiet darkness,
Thoughts of you running through my mind.

And somehow the night is not so dark,

And I am not so quite alone.

I hear a dog bark in the distance,

And I wonder who is trespassing into my thoughts.

But then the stillness engulfs the darkness once again;

And my mind wonders back to thoughts of you.

I can see you standing next to me;
And with your presence, I feel warmth and safety.

Suddenly, you vanish from my vision;
But the warmth from your presence is still surrounding me.

And as I drift of into peaceful slumber,

My thoughts are still of you.

For you are not only in my thoughts,

But in my heart too.

For you have lit a light within my heart;

And no matter how obscure the darkness is surrounding me may be,

The light within me will brighten everything.
And I will stay safe and warm with you forever.







No comments:

Post a Comment