Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Some thoughts from my distant past...please bear with me....

Lost

I walk upon a deserted island
Barren and vast
Searching in all directions
for some sign
Some fulfillment
Only receiving an empty stare
Reflecting back
Nowhere to run
Nowhere to hide
Only emptiness
Deep emptiness
Staring back at me
Emptiness everywhere.

**********************************************************************

Babe

My sweet
sweet Babe
I often pray for you
I hope you suffered
little
I hope the angels
came for you
And took you some place
beautiful and sweet.

Sweet Baby
I often think of you
I can close my eyes
And envision you
You here with me
I miss you
I miss you since
you've been gone.

***********************************************************

A Lonely Portrait

Dreams that have burned to ashes
Smiles that have turned to tears
It seems like a welcomed sadness
As I surrender to my fears

The heart that is lost forever
Always giving that love in vain
The painting a lonely portrait
Me~
Hiding that love away
Again.

*******************************************************

Enough

Lover it's not I who didn't try
Hard enough
And this is why I'm saying goodbye
I've had enough
Lover don't you see
The pain in me
That's plain in me
That's plain enough
You're never here to catch the tears
I've cried for us
I've tried and tried to put aside
The time to talk,
But without luck
So I'll just lay this letter
Upon your sweater
And I'll just walk away
And this is why
I'm saying goodbye
I've had enough.

***********************************************
Upon My Couch I Lie...

Now I don't feel any pain
I should consider love again
and not let months and years roll by
at least I ought to have a try.

It's all too easy on one's own
supportive friends -- a telephone
and of course I have to mention
the marked absenc of love's tension.

But memories and sentiment
mean I dwell on what it meant
to love another loving soul
life was sweeter, I felt whole.

I slump and gaze with dreamy stares
remembering my love affairs
my mind is cute and must be credited
all the bitter bits get edited.

Mmmm--some warm man to court me,
bait me
someone smart to motivate me
be romantic, sentimental
intelligent but not judgmental.

Give me space, be unsuspicious
always find me quite delicious
he'll love my body and my brain
and I'll be great in bed again.

I know I cannot lift a finger
to find a love song or a singer
if you could send a man along
well who knows--I might try a song.

But now I have no energy
so brave new man must come to me
it is chutzpah I confess--
could you give him my address?

*********************

Tiger

I was never the man-eating tiger
You always convinced me I was.

You mistook my snarl...
it was laughter.
You misunderstood my claws...
I needed attention.

The tiger golden in my eyes
was the sun..
Drowned in growls of
Storm clouds.

I would gladly have given
my skin
for your
Trophy room...

But you were never the
Mystical Rajah
I almost convinced you
You Were.


No comments:

Post a Comment