Thursday, January 22, 2009

"I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well."
-Diane Ackerman

"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us."


"Some people weave burlap into the fabric of our lives, and some weave gold thread. Both contribute to make the whole picture beautiful and unique."
-Anon.


These are some thoughts that are running through my mind tonight. How do we measure our lives? How do we define worth? How does one begin to live life "fuller"? There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to do everything one needs to do. And if you decide to put aside obligation or necessity to smell the roses...what happens then? How do those obligations get completed? I wish I knew. I wish I could just take some time. It sounds easy doesn't it....

2 comments:

  1. Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    ~ Dorothy Thompson

    ReplyDelete