Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Treasure Chest

The Treasure Chest


The chest was old, and covered with dust,

It had been many years since it had been touched.

As I gazed at it, I wondered what treasures it held.

With a glimmer of hope I opened the lid.

My heart raced as I saw my favorite old dress,

Some pictures and magazines, a book and necklace.

I found some love letters and read every one.

The emotion was overwhelming, I cried down the sun.

It had been so long since I had felt so alive,

All those treasures locked away now burning inside.

I cried as I wondered where that person had gone,

The me who loved life, who never settled, who had fun,

I had her back now, I couldn’t let go,

This treasure of passion, my heart all aglow.

To open this chest was to open my heart,

To break through the locks that time had imposed.

Yes, our chests hold our treasures,

Our passions for life,

Our heart and our soul,

Our tomorrow, our today, every moment, all we know.

Don’t bury your treasure or lock it away,

Open your treasure chest – your heart.

Live, Love, and Play.

~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment